When you’re in search of a robust medium to draw high-paying prospects, podcasting is a wonderful selection. The BEST half about podcasting is that folks can hear even whereas working or commuting to work.
Need to understand how many individuals hearken to podcasts and different thrilling podcast statistics?
Take a look on the recognition of the time period “Podcast” (Google Tendencies);
The podcast’s recognition is rising quickly, particularly after the COVID-19 Pandemic. Are you aware why? You possibly can hearken to podcasts on any gadget, together with smartphones, tablets, laptops, and desktops.
What are podcasts?
Podcasts are audio or video recordings which can be often streamed on platforms like Spotify, YouTube, and many others. These will be thought of pre-recorded discuss radio exhibits overlaying a selected subject, equivalent to advertising and marketing, health, way of life, journey, actual property, and extra.
On this put up, we’ll discuss;
- podcast listener statistics
- what number of podcasts are there
- podcast advert income numbers and rather more
Are you prepared? Let’s soar into the main points.
Podcast Statistics [Latest Data & Trends for 2023]
Podcast Listener Statistics
Listed here are a few of the newest podcast listener stats all over the world.
1. How many individuals hearken to podcasts globally?
In 2021, the variety of podcast listeners worldwide amounted to 383.7 million web customers, which grew to 464.7 million in 2023. The variety of podcast listeners worldwide will attain 504.9 million by 2024, round 23.5% of Web customers. (Supply: Statista)
Right here’s the expansion of podcast listeners within the final couple of years.
- 2019: 274.8 million listeners (14.4% of Web customers)
- 2020: 332.2 million listeners (16.5% of Web customers)
- 2021: 383.7 million listeners (18.7% of Web customers)
- 2022: 424.2 million listeners (20.3% of Web customers)
- 2023: 464.7 million listeners ( 22% of Web customers)
- 2024* (projected): 504.9 million listeners (23.5% of Web customers)
2. Which nation has the most important share of podcast listeners?
Statista reveals that Sweden has the most important share of podcast listeners (a whopping 47%) from 54 surveyed nations.
Among the common Sweden podcasts embrace;
- Easy Swedish Podcast
- Sweden in Focus
- A Flatpack Historical past of Sweden
- Swedish podcast for newcomers (Lätt svenska med Oskar)
- Espresso Break Swedish
- Educate Me Sweden
3. The place do most individuals hearken to podcasts?
Based on the Uncover Pods report, 79.8% of individuals hearken to podcasts whereas driving. 69.3% whereas doing home tasks and 58.9% throughout their free time.
As you possibly can see above, a lot of the listeners tune into their favourite podcast exhibits whereas commuting. That is the PRIMARY cause for the speedy development of podcasting worldwide.
4. How many individuals hearken to the entire podcast?
68% of podcast listeners hearken to the entire episode. The spectacular factor about podcasts is that 70% of individuals hearken to virtually all of the episodes they’ve downloaded. (Supply: The MIDAS Survey)
5. What gadget do most individuals use to hearken to podcasts?
The frequent gadget for podcast listening is a smartphone (73%). It’s adopted by desktop/laptop computer (13%). (Exploding Matters)
6. What number of women and men hearken to podcasts?
Nearly all of podcast listeners are male (53%). Feminine listeners make up 46%. (Supply: Exploding Matters)
Right here’s the breakdown for the previous couple of years;
- 2019: Male (36%), feminine (29%)
- 2020: Male (39%), feminine (36%)
- 2021: Male 43%, feminine (39%)
- 2022: Male (41%), feminine (36%)
7. What number of podcasts do individuals hearken to per week?
82.4% of podcast listeners spend over 7 hours per week listening to their favourite podcast listening app. 22.4% hearken to greater than 22 hours weekly — greater than 3 hours day by day. (Supply: Uncover Pods)
8. How beneficial are podcast listeners?
Forbes says that 45% of podcast listeners have a family revenue of over $250,000. They’re additionally extremely educated, as 45% of podcast listeners have a school diploma, and 68% have a post-graduate diploma.
When you plan to focus on high-net-worth educated people, it’s best to positively get into podcasting.
9. How do listeners uncover new podcasts?
Edison Analysis reveals that 30% of recent podcast listeners search the web to search out new podcast exhibits.
Right here’s the breakdown of how individuals discover new podcasts;
- 19% ask family and friends for podcast suggestions
- 17% use social media networks equivalent to Twitter, Instagram, and many others
- Practically 6% take podcast host suggestions
- Virtually 7% discover new podcasts from commercials on different audio applications
search engine marketing and phrase of mouth are TWO huge methods you should use as a podcast creator to search out extra audiences.
10. Which international locations maintain the highest spot for podcast listenership or development?
North America and Asia Pacific have the very best podcast listening charges. Additionally, 58% of South Korean individuals hearken to podcasts each month.
Fascinating Podcast Statistics
Right here’s an inventory of attention-grabbing podcast stats that can amaze you.
1. What number of podcasts are there?
Based on Podcast Index, there are an estimated 4,096,419 podcast episodes as of 2023.
Right here’s the breakdown of the full variety of podcasts;
- 375,055 podcast exhibits printed (within the final 30 days)
- 459,812 podcast exhibits printed (within the final 60 days)
- 522,019 podcast exhibits printed (within the final 90 days)
2. What’s the #1 most listened-to podcast?
“The Joe Rogan Expertise,” hosted by Joe Rogan, is the world’s #1 most-listened podcast.
Every of Joe’s episodes will get about 11 million listeners, and Rogan does podcasts with individuals like Edward Snowden, Mike Tyson, Elon Musk, and extra.
Listed here are a few of the hottest podcasts worldwide;
- The Joe Rogan Expertise, Joe Rogan
- Name Her Daddy, Alex Cooper
- The All the time Sunny Podcast
- Welcome to Our Present, Iheartpodcast
- Homicide, Thriller & Make-up, Audioboom studios
When you’re curious, learn our case research of Joe Rogan’s web price to search out attention-grabbing particulars about his podcasting journey.
3. What’s the hottest style of podcast?
“Comedy” is the #1 podcast style listened to by most individuals within the U.S. (Supply: Edison’s Weekly Insights).
It’s adopted by;
- Society & Tradition
- True crime
- Sports activities
4. During which languages are most podcasts created?
Most podcasts are in English (over 1.8 million podcasts). (Supply: Hear Notes)
Right here’s the breakdown of the podcasts by language;
5. What are the favored podcast listening platforms?
Spotify and Apple Podcasts are the 2 hottest podcast platforms. In complete, 1 in 4 podcast listeners use Spotify for podcast listening. Whereas 1 in 5 use Apple Podcasts.
Listed here are a few of the common podcast platforms;
- Spotify, with a 25% market share
- Apple podcast with a 20% market share
- Google Podcast, with a 16% market share
- Pandora, with a 15% market share
- Audible, with a ten% market share
6. How many individuals choose podcasts over different channels?
28% of podcast listeners choose podcasts over different audio content material sorts, together with YouTube, FM radio, Spotify, and many others.
Semrush additionally reveals that by 2024, it’s estimated there might be 100 million podcast listeners within the U.S. alone.
7. What share of individuals hearken to podcasts for studying?
74% of podcast listeners tune in to be taught one thing new.
Right here’s a fast breakdown of podcast listeners;
- 71% hearken to podcasts to be entertained
- 60% to remain up-to-date with the newest subjects and information
- 51% are for rest
- 47% to really feel impressed
8. Do individuals choose to listen to new podcast episodes?
40% of podcast listeners choose to listen to new episodes each 8 to 14 days. 51.1% of podcast listeners choose podcasts with studio-quality audio. (The Podcast Host)
The Podcast Host additionally reveals that 49% of podcast listeners are glad to hearken to podcasts with low-quality sound, supplied the content material is sweet.
9. Do podcast listeners pay for a podcasting service?
Sure, 21% of podcast listeners subscribe to a paid podcast service.
Practically 30% of frequent podcast listeners have been extra open to paying for a podcasting service (equivalent to Spotify or Apple Music) than informal listeners. Additionally, 32.5% of podcast listeners mentioned their favourite podcast platform is Spotify.
10. What’s the ethnicity of podcast listeners within the US?
58% of Individuals are white, 13% African-American, 18% Hispanic, 11% Hispanic, and 4% Asian. There’s additionally 17% of different ethnicities. (Supply: Edison Analysis)
Basic Podcast Stats
Listed here are some basic stats on the podcast market dimension, its development, and many others.
1. How huge is the podcasting market?
Based on Grand View Analysis, the worldwide podcasting market dimension was valued at $18.52 billion in 2022 and is estimated to broaden at a compound annual development charge of 27.6% from 2023 to 2030.
As you possibly can see, the podcast trade is rising HUGE yearly.
“Analysis and Markets” estimate that the worldwide podcasting market will attain $130.63 billion by 2030.
2. Which podcast style has the largest market share?
“Analysis and Markets” reveals that the “information and politics” phase dominated with a income share of greater than 27% of the general market in 2022 and can broaden at a CAGR above 29% from 2023 to 2030.
Additionally, it estimates that Latin America will see the quickest podcast development, registering a CAGR of greater than 37%.
3. What share of podcast listeners have bought after listening to about an marketed product on a podcast?
Uncover Pods reveals that 55.6% of podcast listeners are both considerably or extra prone to think about shopping for from a model after listening to its commercial on a podcast.
Right here’s a fast breakdown;
- 86.5% – Hearken to podcast advertisements
- 55.6% – Have bought an merchandise marketed on a podcast
4. What’s the most important metric for podcast creators?
Listed here are the highest metrics thought of by most podcast creators;
- Producing a High quality Podcast: 97.7%
- Engaged Listeners: 96.5%
- Publishing Podcasts constantly: 89.7%
Additionally, 73.8% of podcasters think about incomes income essential, which ranked fourth on the listing of essential metrics for many podcasters, in accordance with Uncover Pods.
5. What are the largest challenges confronted by podcast creators?
72.8% of podcast creators battle with podcast discovery, 49.8% with podcast consciousness, and 32.9% with low podcast high quality.
6. How a lot is podcast advert income within the US?
eMarketers reveals that entrepreneurs within the US spent $1.3 billion on podcast advertisements, and the advert spend on podcasts is anticipated to surpass $2 billion yearly by 2023.
7. Is podcasting advert income growing or declining every year?
Podcasting advert income is rising quicker (72%) than the full web advert income (35%). In case you’re curious, podcast promoting revenues within the US surpassed the $1 billion mark (within the 12 months 2021) for the primary time and are rising quickly.
8. What are the podcast traits in Canada?
Over 9 million Canadian adults are month-to-month podcast shoppers. 34% of Canadian adults and 46% of adults aged 18-49 listened previously month.
Practically 40% of grownup Canadians have listened to a podcast within the final 12 months. 28.58% of Canadian listeners earn $100,000 or extra yearly.
9. Do individuals in India hearken to podcasts?
Sure, India is ranked third within the podcasting trade after USA and China. Presently, India has over 150 million podcast listeners.
Based on Dwell Mint, the highest three podcast genres in India are;
- Information coverage (62%)
- Comedy and leisure (53%)
- Enterprise and finance (47%)
When you plan to focus on a superfast creating nation, you shouldn’t miss out on the Indian viewers, as there’s a HUGE common of over 1.4 billion.
10. Which international locations are seeing the quickest podcasting development?
Podcasting is rising quickest within the following 5 international locations:
- Chile +83.9%
- Argentina +55.3%
- Peru +49.1%
- Mexico +47.8%
- China +43.6%
Fascinating Info about Podcasts
Searching for podcast details? This part is for you.
1. Who named it “podcast”?
BBC journalist Ben Hammersley is the one who coined the time period “Podcast” in February 2004, combining the phrases “iPod” and “broadcast.” It was added to the Oxford English Dictionary in 2005.
2. What’s the common size of a podcast episode?
Most podcasts (31%) are between 20 to 40 minutes.
Right here’s the breakdown of the size of most podcasts (in accordance with Buzzsprout)
- 15% of podcasts are lower than 10 minutes
- 14% are between 10-20 minutes
- 22% are between 40-60 minutes
- 17% are over 60 minutes
3. When do most individuals hearken to podcasts?
Based on a MIDAS survey, most podcast listeners hearken to podcasts extra within the morning than at some other time.
Right here’s the breakdown of the timings;
- The height listening time for podcasts is between 08:15 and 08:30 a.m. (EST)
- Different common podcast occasions are between 11:00 a.m. and 11:15 a.m. and once more at 5:30 p.m.
4. Why do individuals begin podcasts?
38.4% of individuals begin podcasting as pastime. (Supply: The Podcast Host)
Listed here are another frequent causes for beginning a podcast;
- Construct a private model (21%)
- Develop a enterprise (19.7%)
- For a trigger (13.8%
- For employers (7.1%)
5. What software program most podcasts use to create podcasts?
The Podcast Host reveals that 48% of respondents use Audacity to edit their podcasts, with Adobe Audition in 2nd place (31%).
Listed here are some regularly requested questions on podcast stats and person development.
Who’s the king of podcasting?
Joe Rogan is commonly thought of because the king of podcasting. He’s an American podcaster, UFC commentator, comic, and actor with over $200 million web price. He hosts a preferred podcast referred to as “The Joe Rogan Expertise” with celebrities like Elon Musk, Lance Armstrong, Kanye West, and many others.
What’s the hottest style of podcast?
Comedy is the most well-liked style of podcasts. The “Society & Tradition” style is the second hottest podcast style.
Who principally listens to podcasts?
Statista reveals that folks aged between 12 to 34 years hearken to podcasts essentially the most.
What’s the variety of podcast listeners worldwide?
There are 464.7 million worldwide podcast listeners as of 2023. By 2024, international podcast listeners are anticipated to achieve over 500 million.
What share of the inhabitants listens to podcasts?
Based on Edison Analysis, 64% of U.S. shoppers hearken to podcasts, and 83% are acquainted with podcasts.
What number of languages are podcasts accessible?
Podcasts can be found in over 100 languages. English is the #1 language most podcasts are made in. Over 1.8 million podcasts can be found in English.
What number of downloads are thought of a profitable podcast?
In case your podcast will get over 50 downloads for a brand new episode within the first week of its launch, you’re within the high 70% of all podcasters.
Undoubtedly, the podcast trade is rising 12 months after 12 months. It’s a multi-billion greenback trade and can attain over 500 million podcast listeners globally by 2024.
When you’re in search of the BEST solution to attain your viewers, podcasts are a wonderful selection.
What are your ideas on the podcast recognition and stats talked about right here? Do you hearken to podcasts? Have any questions? Tell us within the feedback.