This straightforward porridge recipe is made with a straightforward mixture of floor pepitas, sunflower seeds, heat spices, and oats. Make a jar of porridge combine for the week! All you need to do is simmer a number of tablespoons along with your favourite milk for a creamy breakfast choice.
Straightforward Porridge Recipe
Step up your breakfast cereal sport within the morning and make this creamy and scrumptious porridge recipe. It’s the good breakfast recipe to double and retailer within the pantry for a straightforward recipe for the week.
Why we love this porridge
It’s filled with fiber.
You get wholesome fat and protein from pepitas and sunflower seeds.
It’s straightforward to make this recipe your individual and substitute different seeds and nuts.
Make this recipe your individual by topping it along with your favourite fruit or nut butter.
Oats: so as to add a little bit of a chunk to this porridge we use rolled oats and floor them up a bit.
Pepitas + sunflower seeds: this porridge thickens and will get its scrumptious texture from ground-up seeds. We favor uncooked seeds and nuts, however if in case you have salted, that’s okay too.
Maple syrup: this porridge recipe is of course sweetened with a little bit of maple syrup.
Chai spices: we name for a chai spice combine or pumpkin pie spices to taste this porridge, however you need to use a mixture of your favourite heat spices.
Rolled oats–> fast cooking oats
Peptias + sunflower seeds–> flax seeds, almonds, or every other seeds
Maple syrup–> honey or agave syrup
Chai spices–> any heat spices
How you can Make Porridge
- Put together the oats and seeds. Use a espresso bean grinder or a meals processor to grind the oats, pumpkin seeds, and sunflower seeds to a rough powder.
- Prepare dinner the porridge. Switch to a small pot on the stovetop, add chia seeds, spices, maple syrup, and milk, and stir. Cowl the pot and convey the porridge to a simmer over medium warmth for about 10 minutes, string usually.
- Prime and serve. Switch to 4 bowls and prime with blueberries, peanut butter, chia seeds, and salt. Serve instantly.
Prime Suggestions for Porridge
Make a double batch of the dry porridge combine to have readily available for the week.
Should you like a thinner porridge, add extra almond or oat milk.
You may make this savory porridge by serving it with an egg and chopped bacon.
This deilcious porrdige recipe is made with floor seeds, oats, and different nutritious components. Prime this creamy breakfast along with your favourite nut butter and fruit.
Prepare dinner:10 minutes
- ⅔ cup old style rolled oats
- ⅓ cup uncooked unsalted pumpkin seeds
- ⅓ cup uncooked unsalted sunflower seeds
- ⅛ cup chia seeds
- 1 tablespoon pumpkin pie spice or chai spice combine
- ¼ cup maple syrup
- 1.5-2 cups of almond milk or oat milk +extra if desired
- ¼ cup blueberries
- 1 tablespoon drippy peanut butter
- Sprinkle chia seeds
- Sprinkle of salt
- Pad of butter
Utilizing a espresso bean grinder or a meals processor, individually grind the oats, pumpkin seeds, and sunflower seeds to a rough powder. Some entire oats and seeds will stay and that’s okay. *If you’re meal-prepping the porridge for the week see the directions beneath.
Switch to a small pot on the stovetop, add chia seeds, spices, maple syrup, and milk, and stir. Cowl the pot and convey the porridge to a simmer over medium warmth for about 10 minutes, string usually.
Switch to 4 bowls and prime with blueberries, peanut butter, chia seeds, and salt. Serve instantly.
Suggestions & Notes
- If you’re meal-prepping this porridge for the week. Add the bottom oats, pumpkin seeds, and sunflower seeds to a jar. Add the chia seeds and spices to the jar and blend. For a single serving, add about 2 tablespoons of the porridge combine to the pot with about ½ cup of milk. Proceed with the directions within the technique.
- The quantity of milk you utilize might differ relying components and what texture you want in your porridge. For a soupier porridge add extra milk.
Energy: 234kcal Carbohydrates: 42g Protein: 5g Fats: 6g Fiber: 5g Sugar: 21g