Pack some additional protein into your day with these deliciously simple protein muffins! Made with mashed banana, protein powder, almond milk, and coconut oil, this simple snack is simply as tasty as it’s good for you!
Wholesome Banana Protein Muffins
On the lookout for a wholesome option to fulfill your candy tooth? This scrumptious protein muffin recipe has received all of it: vanilla protein powder, banana, chocolate chunks, maple syrup, and light-brown sugar to create show-stopping, protein-packed muffins that’ll take you to breakfast paradise.
We’ve made all kinds of muffins right here on Match Foodie Finds. Why? Muffins are tremendous simple to customise to your liking. From more healthy substitutions to decadent components, the choices are actually limitless!
Why you’ll love ’em!
This muffin recipe accommodates a whopping 30 grams of protein!
They’re wholesome AND scrumptious.
Nice for making forward and meal prep on the go.
Requires easy elements and little prep.
Ingredient Checklist for Excessive Protein Muffins
- Flour: We used all-purpose flour for this recipe. However be at liberty to make use of white complete wheat flour or a mixture of all-purpose flour and complete wheat flour as a more healthy choice!
- Vanilla protein powder: Any vanilla-flavored protein powder will do! The model we used has 15g of protein per serving.
- Baking soda: don’t overlook the baking soda; it fluffs these muffins up.
- Chocolate chunks: chocolate chunks enhance the decadence degree of those muffins. Be happy to make use of any chocolate chip of your alternative.
- Gentle brown sugar: we solely use slightly little bit of brown sugar to sweeten these muffs!
- Maple syrup: Not solely does the maple syrup naturally sweeten these muffins, nevertheless it additionally provides scrumptious taste.
- Banana: mashed bananas add extra taste and moisture to your protein muffins.
- Giant eggs: use two giant eggs to fluff up these muffins. You may also use a flax egg in case you are out of eggs!
- Almond milk: As an alternative of dairy milk, we used unsweetened almond milk for this recipe. However in the event you choose one other milk selection, go for it! Any milk will do.
- Coconut oil: A wholesome, lower-fat option to get moist muffins!
Tips on how to Make Wholesome Protein Muffins
Preheat the oven to 350ºF. Line a muffin pan with muffin liners and spray with cooking spray.
SEPARATELY MIX DRY + WET INGREDIENTS
Subsequent, mix all dry elements in a medium-sized bowl and put aside. In a separate giant bowl, whisk collectively the brown sugar and maple syrup. Then add the mashed banana, eggs, and almond milk and blend till mixed.
As soon as combined, switch the dry elements to the moist elements and stir the batter till properly mixed. Then add the melted coconut oil and blend once more.
Generously fill every properly within the muffin pan with batter. We crammed ours between 3/4 of the way in which full and all the way in which to the highest.
Place your muffins within the oven and bake for 18-22 minutes or till a toothpick comes out clear when inserted into the middle.
COOL + SERVE
Lastly, take away the muffins from the oven and permit them to chill for a couple of minutes. Switch to a wire rack and funky a bit longer earlier than serving. Take pleasure in your scrumptious protein muffins!
Make these protein muffins your personal by including different yummy elements! Listed here are a few of our favorites:
Banana Blueberry: Add a pint of recent (or frozen!) blueberries to the batter earlier than baking.
Banana Nut: Simply give these banana muffins a crunch with 1/2 cup of chopped walnuts or pecans.
Carrot Cake: Fancy issues up a bit with 1/2 cup of shredded carrot and 1/3 cup of chopped walnuts to offer these a carrot cake twist!
Chocolate Protein: Flip these into chocolate protein muffins utilizing chocolate protein powder as an alternative of vanilla.
Newest Muffin & Bread Recipes
Prime Suggestions for Protein Muffins
Measure the mashed banana: Remember to mash the bananas AND THEN measure them earlier than including them to the muffin batter. The scale of banana you utilize will decide how a lot mashed banana you find yourself with.
Make them your personal: These are traditional banana protein muffins, however be at liberty so as to add chocolate chips (like we did in these images!), chopped nuts or berries to taste to your liking.
Substitute bananas for applesauce if you’re in a pinch: Sure, folks ask this query even when making banana protein muffins! Applesauce will work as an alternative. Use 1 cup of applesauce rather than the two mashed bananas.
Are you able to make these vegan?
Since these protein muffins include eggs, they don’t seem to be thought-about vegan. We propose following our Vegan Banana Bread recipe and making muffins with the batter as an alternative of a loaf.
These muffins will hold for 2-3 days in an hermetic container on the counter. Or, to increase their freshness, retailer them within the fridge in an hermetic container for as much as 5 days.
To freeze your protein muffins, allow them to cool fully earlier than putting them on a baking sheet. Then freeze for two hours earlier than transferring right into a freezer-safe, gallon-size bag. Take away as a lot air as doable and freeze for as much as 3 months.
Images: images taken on this submit are by Ashley McGlaughlin from The Edible Perspective.