Yang’s stellar outcome garnered him his first-ever IPF World File.
Within the Asian powerlifting circuit, Sen Yang has been a mainstay for fairly a while. He’s a former Asian Powerlifting Federation (AsianPF) World Champion — each as an Outfitted (2016-2017, 2019) and Uncooked competitor (2019). Of late, he’s been making a reputation for himself underneath the worldwide energy highlight.
On Nov. 19, 2022, in the course of the latter portion of the schedule on the 2022 Worldwide Powerlifting Federation (IPF) Outfitted World Championships, Yang efficiently locked out a 440.5-kilogram (971.1-pound) outfitted squat. The show of leg energy is an all-time IPF World File within the 120-kilogram weight class, and locations Yang alongside different distinctive rivals who captured outfitted World Information on the similar contest. (Be aware: As the ultimate outcomes are calculated, Yang’s precise place and end stay unclear presently.)
In line with the IPF database and Open Powerlifting, this squat World File for Yang surpasses his earlier greatest outfitted squat of 440 kilograms (970 kilos) on the 2022 IPF World Video games by half a kilogram. Yang has featured as a simultaneous AsianPF and IPF powerlifter since November 2015 and has typically steadily improved within the years since. The athlete additionally seems humble over his newest achievement, given his quiet bows to the respective spotters for his World File carry within the clip of the squat.
Right here’s a rundown of a number of the extra notable outcomes from Yang’s powerlifting resume:
Sen Yang | Notable Profession Outcomes
- 2011 AsianPF Asian Powerlifting Championships (Sub-Juniors/Outfitted) — First place | First profession full energy meet victory
- 2016-2017, 2019 Asian PF Asian Powerlifting Championships (Open/Outfitted) — First place
- 2016-2017 IPF World Sub-Juniors and Juniors Powerlifting Championships (Juniors/Outfitted) — Second place
- 2018 IPF Outfitted World Championships (Open/Outfitted) — Third place
- 2019 IPF Outfitted World Championships (Open/Outfitted) — Fourth place
- 2019 AsianPF Asian Basic Powerlifting Championships (Open/Uncooked) — First place
- 2022 IPF World Video games (Tremendous/Outfitted) — Second place
On a pure energy foundation, Yang seems to have a well-rounded profile of energy — even exterior his new IPF World File squat within the 120-kilogram division. Listed below are the athlete’s all-time outfitted competitors bests:
Sen Yang | All-Time Outfitted Competitors Bests
- Squat — 440.5 kilograms (971.1 kilos) | IPF World File
- Bench Press — 322.5 kilograms (711 kilos)
- Deadlift — 332.5 kilograms (733 kilos)
- Complete — 1,095 kilograms (2,414 kilos)
Given the flexibility and aggressive profile Yang has amassed at this stage of his profession, it’s truthful to marvel what else he has up his energy sleeve. If he can get a World File now, he may need opened up a Pandora’s field of pending milestone accomplishments.
Featured picture: theipf on Instagram